This no-noodle sweet potato lasagna is lighter than the classic dish, but it’s just as delicious. This is one of the most delicious recipes EVER! Better the next day.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage, more for the topping
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the lasagna:
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut paper thin (enough for 3 layers)*
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ to ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta, feta, garlic, basil, sage, red pepper flakes, and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease an 8×8 or similar-sized baking pan with olive oil. (Pictured is a 7×10 inch pan) Spread the marinara sauce over the bottom of the baking dish and top with the first layer of sweet potato slices. Spread with half of the ricotta cheese mixture and add a layer of 1 cup baby spinach. Add the next sweet potato layer, the remaining ricotta cheese, and the remaining spinach. Top with the last layer of sweet potatoes, the shredded mozzarella, and the Parmigiano cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered. If the cheese starts browning too much, cover the pan with a sheet of aluminum foil. Add the remaining fresh sage during the last minute of baking time.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with parsley, if using.