When I think of food I think of two things:
Sweet potatoes fit in perfectly. They are from the ground, a healthy carb that the body can use for energy efficiently, and full of nutrients. Remember anything we eat breaks down into macronutrients for energy. Macros are carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Sweet potatoes are a very healthy carb. So go for it.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread evenly onto the baking sheets. Roast for 25 minutes or until the edges are brown.